- 3,471 hits
This is a spare 'blog in case my main 'blog at markwadsworth.blogspot.com isn't working
It’s a very short one, I suspect there is only one item on it: “US soap operas called after a hill in south east Essex”
A list of people’s most hatedest Americanisms, complete with 1,267 commentations.
My favourite: 14. I caught myself saying “shopping cart” instead of “shopping trolley” today and was thoroughly disgusted with myself. Graham Nicholson, Glasgow
Here’s the solution: This would solve the following problems:
1. The sun shining in the players’ eyes.
2. Play having to be stopped every time it rains at Wimbledon.*
3. Those rather unsporting double-handed shots.
4. There’s not enough space for advertising logos on a tennis racquet.
5. The players will have something to hide behind if they are sulking after losing a game, or if they wish to mouth swear words at their opponent.
Any more ideas?
* Apparently they’ve gone for the rather more expensive option on Centre Court.